Whether you want a simple three-step routine for the morning or have time for a full 7-step regimen at night, the order you apply your products in matters.
Why? There isn’t much point in having a skin care routine if your products don’t get a chance to penetrate your skin.
What should I use in the morning?
Morning skin care routines are all about prevention and protection. Your face is going to be exposed to the UV and Pollution, so necessary steps include moisturizer and sunscreen.
Step 1: Nourishing Gentle Cleansing Balm
- Wet hands with water, take an appropriate amount of cleanser and lather up.
※ Create a rich cleansing foam by using Face Cleansing Net or hand
- Start with oily parts of the face such as t-zone and chin.
- Massage eyes and lips gently which are easy to dry up.
- Rinse off with water.
Step 2: Brightening Toning Essence
- What is it? Our toner combined with sea water from the Indian Ocean with minerals, are designed to replenish skin through hydration and remove dead cells and dirt left behind after cleansing.
- How to use it: Straight after cleansing, either tap directly onto the skin or onto a cotton pad and swipe over the face in an outward motion.
Step 3: Active Repaire Cocoa Bean Serum
- What is it? Serum contain a high concentration of Cocoa Bean ingredients. Antioxidant-based Caffeine will protect skin against damage caused by unstable molecules known as free radicals. Black tea, resveratrol, Vitamins C and E are antioxidants used to improve texture and firmness.
- How to use it: Pat a few drops onto your face and neck.
Step 4: Rejuvenating Eye Cream
- What is it? The skin around your eyes tends to be thinner and more sensitive. It’s also prone to signs of aging, including fine lines, puffiness, and darkness. Antioxidant-based Cocoa Bean can brighten, smooth, and firm up the area.
- How to use it: Dab a small amount onto the eye area using your ring finger.
Step 5: Rejuvenate Advanced Firming Complex
- What is it? Our marine-based cream is very light and is perfect for using in Seychelles. Effective ingredients include glycerine, ceramides, antioxidants, and peptides will soothe and soften skin.
- How to use it: Take a slightly bigger than pea-sized amount and warm in hands. Apply to cheeks first, then to the rest of the face using upward strokes.
Step 6: Sunscreen
- What is it? Sunscreen is a critical final step in your morning skin care routine. Not only can it reduce your risk of skin cancer, but it can also fight against signs of aging. In Seychelles, we recommend you always choose one rated SPF 30 or higher.
- How to use it: Spread liberally over your face and massage in. Make sure to apply it 15 to 30 minutes before you go outside. Never apply skin care products on top, as this can dilute the sunscreen.
What should I use at night?
Focus on repairing the damage done during the day with thicker products at night. This is also the time to use anything that makes skin sensitive to sunlight, including physical exfoliants and chemical peels.
Basic evening routine
- Makeup remover.It does what it says on the tin, even removing the makeup residue you can’t see.
- Cleanser. This will get rid of any lingering dirt.
- Intense Treatment Mask. Dark Spots can be effectively treated at night with Mahe Bleu Water Brightening Program
- Cream. A richer moisturizer to assist with skin repair.
Step 1: Makeup Remover
- What is it? As well as dissolving the natural oils produced by your skin, an oil-based makeup remover can break down oily ingredients found in makeup.
- How to use it: Follow the specific product instructions. You may be advised to apply the makeup remover on wet or dry skin. Once applied, massage in until skin is clean then rinse with water.
- Skip this step if: You don’t wear makeup
Step 2: Nourishing Gentle Cleansing Balm
- How to use it: Follow the instructions. Usually, you’ll apply it to wet skin, massage in, and rinse off.
Step 3: Exfoliator or clay mask
- What is it? Exfoliation removes dead skin cells while decongesting pores. Clay masks work to unclog pores, but can also absorb excess oil. These masks are best applied at night to remove leftover dirt and help the skin soak up other products.
- How to use it: Once or twice a week, apply the clay mask all over or to specific problem areas. Leave on for the recommended time, then rinse with warm water and pat dry. Exfoliants have different application methods, so follow product instructions.
- Skip exfoliating if: Your skin is already irritated.
Step 4: Brightening Toning Essence
- What is it? A toner marks the end of your nighttime cleansing routine.
- How to use it: Apply the product to a cotton pad and swipe over the skin.
Step 5:Active Repaire Cocoa Bean Serum
- What is it? Serums deliver powerful ingredients directly to the skin. An essence is simply a watered-down version. Vitamin E is great for dry skin, while antioxidants like black tea extract can be used on dull complexions.
- How to use it: Carry out a patch test 24 hours before using a new serum or essence. If skin looks good, dispense the product into your hand and press into your skin.
Step 6: Dark Spot treatment with Water Brightening Program
- What is it? Some products can clog pores, but Water Brightening Program is not one of them. Our Korean-style sheet masks,designed to deliver long-lasting moisture, comes with an eye mask to reduce wrinkles. Our facial mask helps make the skin look bouncy, full, clear, healthy looking skin.
- How to use it: Gently unfold eye mask, stick it under the corner of eye. Then unfold face mask and apply it to your skin. For optimal absorption, leave on for 15 minutes before removing. Massage remaining essence into hands and décolletage for maximum benefit. Leave the essence on overnight if you like; alternatively, rinse off after 20 minutes using warm water.
Step 7: Rejuvenating Eye Cream
What is it? Our richer eye cream can help improve appearance-related issues, like tiredness and fine lines. Contains a high concentration of peptides and antioxidants.
- How to use it: Apply a small amount of cream to the eye area and dab in.
Step 8:Rejuvenate Advanced Firming Complex
- What is it? A totally optional last step, the rich moisturizer helps cell repair, seal in all your other products and contain hydrating ingredients mild enough to be kept on overnight.
- How to use it: Warm a small amount of product in your hands before distributing it evenly across your face.
The bottom line
Seven-step routines aren’t to everyone’s taste, so don’t feel pressured to include every step in the above lists.
For many people, a good rule of thumb is to apply products thinnest to thickest — for however many products that may be — as they move through their skin care routines.
The most important thing is finding a skin care routine that works for you and that you’ll follow. Whether that involves the whole shebang or a simplified ritual, have fun experimenting.